Talking The Walk®2 is the all new, fully revised edition of the ground-breaking report first published in 2016. This is Cavill + Co’s 7th report based on credible research. Talking The Walk®2 features Hailey Cavill-Jaspers’ interpretation of over 30 research reports, and what this means for companies & brands who are doing good and want to communicate effectively. In this day and age consumers – especially millennials – want companies to do good. But as we near the end of the decade epitomised by corporate scandals and institutional collapse, resulting in lack of trust and fake news, it’s almost a case of ‘the devil you do, the devil you don’t’ when it comes to communicating good deeds. So ultimately it all comes down to communication. The focus of Talking The Walk®2 is how to communicate to millennials with a social good story so that it cuts through the noise and scepticism.
Brand new research December 2018
There is no other Guide like this. It is useful for anyone working in the corporate or non profit sector that is tasked with communicating social good stories. Because so much communication doesn’t land and so many dollars are being wasted.
In Talking The Walk®2 Hailey provides a powerful snapshot into the psyche of millennials and why 2018 was a pivotal year for corporates, over 100 stats from over 25 research reports, including brand new never before released research by Di Marzio Research that looks at millennials’ propensity to switch brands that practice social good, and a red hot statistic from December 2018 that reveals 1 in 5 have actively boycotted this year.
And the most common boycotting action was to stop buying a product (65% of boycotters said this).
Stats made juicy
It also includes 12 Best Practice Guidelines and a new model for communication, a whole chapter on storytelling and why it is so potent, along with inspiring case studies from Australia and overseas. 140pp of stats-made-juicy and interesting by Hailey’s pithy writing and gorgeous full colour imagery. Also all purchasers will be sent a link to the Talking the Walk® resource centre where all 25+ research reports sit, along with all research from 2016, inspiring videos and case studies and a whole lot more about storytelling.
The hard copy and soft copy book will be released in March 2019. You can order your advance copy here with a 20% discount. Unbelievably its just $79+ GST for your very own hard copy (limited print run so get in quick before it runs out) or soft copy $59.00. These prices will go up on 1 March 2019.
Our amazing partners Walk the talk
The reason we have been able to produce this substantial Guide with supplementary resources is thanks to our partners. They are Fenton (comms), Caltex, Konica Minolta, IAG Foundation, Di Marzio Research, redwagon design and Dashing print & design.
A word from Bernard
“Well isn’t this a timely publication? The second edition of Talking the Walk® by British ex-pat PR-guru Hailey Cavill-Jaspers is a collaboration between the author, various corporate partners and a research house designed to provide updated insights into the vexed, and becoming more vexed by the day, world of CSR. Hailey has a PR guru’s eye for communication, an entertainingly pithy ability to encapsulate what is needed. Here is a work that is a symphony of bits & pieces of data, quotes & insights all drawn together. It’s a smorgasbord of CSR served up in delectable bite-sized pieces tempting you to dive in at any point to savour a morsel and move on.” Bernard Salt AM, MD, The Demographics Group
Attend an event
In March 2019 we will be doing seminars in Sydney and Melbourne and running webinars. Keep an eye on our events page for what’s coming up. Send us a note if you’d like to attend and we will make sure you are invited in late January.
If you would like to book in for a bespoke presentation by author Hailey Cavill-Jaspers to your marketing, CSR, sustainability and comms team (and invite your agencies, they need to hear this) then book in now. Includes 5 copies of the hard-cover book.BOOK NOW
Why should we listen to Hailey?
A great question indeed. Hailey doesn’t work for a big-name agency, she isn’t a PR guru or part of the Ogilvy dynasty. But what she does bring is:
- Longevity and the amazing wisdom that comes from this: Hailey has been working in communications for almost 40 years – she cut her teeth at one of the world’s largest consultancies in London (Burson-Marsteller), worked in media for 2 years (Cosmo, She, The Clothes Show magazine)
- CSR & Social Good pioneer: Hailey began her company in 1995 before CSR was even a term. In her 23 year reign she has built 50 partnerships between companies and charities investing over $40m into the community, as well as helping companies to achieve their CSR, marketing, philanthropic and HR objectives
- Sought-after expert: She has lent her opinion to Choice magazine, Gruen, Mumbrella, BRW, Ad News, B&T and 7.30 Report over the years
- Hands on practitioner corporate experience: She has worked with numerous blue chip corporates & brands including Disney Australia, Kmart, Mondelez, Vodafone, Seek to name a few
- Consumer insight: She has been tracking consumer sentiment since the year 1997 when she published her first research report The New Bottom Line, which predicted the now widely accepted movement of the conscious consumer
- Data driven not opinion driven: Hailey has commissioned and published several reports on CSR and Social Good including Real Not Spiel in 2008, Passion People in 2004, Heart & Sold in 2001, Cause & Effective in 1999 and Talking the Walk 1 in 2016.
- Sought after speaker: She has spoken widely overseas and Australia on the power of altruism, most recently sharing the stage with altruism expert Matthieu Ricard, as well as at Mumbrella’s CommsCon
- Author: Hailey published DoGoodology in 2018, the science of doing good, revealing that humans are wired to do good.
- Entrepreneur: Hailey wrote and launched the world-first training tool for non-profits, The HeartSmart Toolkit, which has spawned numerous multi-million-dollar partnerships. She has run her own boutique consultancy for 23 years and fiercely proud of her independence
Attend one of our free Talking the Walk®2 webinars in March – June 2019 to learn how to tell your social good story and resonate with millennials.
For executives within corporations, SMEs, social enterprises, brand teams, communications and ad agencies.VIEW NOW
In Talking the Walk® you’ve done all the heavy lifting for us. We can lose our life on Google or we can find all the relevant data in your report – thanks for your gift to the rest of usDavid CookeKonica Minolta
Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you knowJim RohnEntrepreneur
Talking the Walk® is an engaging, illuminating read, I couldn’t put it downCatherine MoolenschotInspire Greatness
Talking the Walk® is one meaty report – a wealth of research and information, combined with new bespoke research, easy to read and apply with a bold new path forwardGeoff NevillCaltex Australia
The art of communication is the language of leadershipJames HumesAuthor & Former Presidential Speechwriter
Hailey Cavill-Jaspers has a PR guru’s eye for communication and an entertainingly pithy ability to encapsulate what is neededBernard SaltThe Demographics Group