- This event has passed.
Learn the art of powerful storytelling – for NPOs (Melbourne, 17 July)
July 17, 2019 @ 9:45 am - 4:30 pm AEST
1-day workshop for non-profits with Simon Oats & Hailey Cavill-Jaspers
Give us a day, and we’ll have you telling captivating stories that open hearts, minds & wallets.
Consumers are bombarded with 600 commercial messages every day from numerous platforms. The noise is deafening! So how do you make sure your message is heard, and inspires people and organisations to act?
Whether you want consumers to donate, lobby, partner or volunteer for your cause – if the message isn’t landing then you’re wasting precious time and dollars. You need a communication technique that resonates deeply with other humans, something that cuts through, especially when you have a small budget.
In this 1 day workshop, Simon Oats – master Storytelling coach and acclaimed performer – will show you how to tell stories that:
- Are relevant and compelling for your target audience
- Focus on the specific concrete details that make it unique, emotional and engaging
- Deliver the right message through the action of the story – not through preachy moralising
- Get the “point of view character” right so the audience will empathise
- Prompt your audience to feel the right emotion to motivate desired action
- Gives your audience a “foe” to direct their action towards
For Non Profits, Social Enterprises and their agencies.
All communications, business development, marketing, fundraising & corporate partnership managers and CEOs.
Small group, max 20 people, hands-on workshop style with 1:1 coaching and masterclassing. Consultants welcome! Thanks to Westpac for hosting us.
Investment $450.00 + GST
10% EARLY-BIRD DISCOUNT IF YOU BOOK AND PAY BY 26 JUNE (automatically applied at checkout)
20% DISCOUNT IF BOOKING FOR 2 PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME (automatically applied at checkout. And yes, if you register for 2 people within the early bird you get the double delight discount!)SECURE YOUR PLACE